Friday, September 01, 2006

The Emmy's are worth a sunburn

And even though I reapplied lotion all day, that's what I got. I was sitting on the sun, afterall.

Kathy Griffin looks so great! That red hair was easy to spot in the sea of celebrities. She brought a soldier she met in Iraq. So cool. I wonder if he got lucky. She said she'd be giving it up later that night.....just like a prostitute. I love her. See you at the end of the month in Stamford, Kathy!

Did I mention how good Patrick looked? Right.

Steve Carell and his wife, Nancy, look fantastic. I love them. Nancy will be a regular on the show this season, I believe. Or, a semi-regular. Or the next Trudy Lange. Something like that.

I know some people don't like Steve Carell, or the fact that there is an American version of The Office, but I adore them both. I'm thrilled that he has found this level of success.

Hey, it's Ricky Gervais! And Stephen Merchant. The geniuses behind the original version of The Office are here. Brilliant.

It's Evangeline Lilly. No, she doesn't make me feel fat. Why do you ask? She looks gorgeous in her deep purple strapless gown. I feel like a huge pig and hate my outfit. Thanks, Evangeline! She came without Dominic. Maybe he was busy recording a new Driveshaft album.

Where the hell is Jason Bateman? I've seen Gob, Buster, George Sr., George Michael, Lindsay, and Lucille. Where is Michael Bluth? Is he doing a movie with Jennifer Garner? I believe he is. I'm blaming her for his absence. EW, Garner!

Jeremy Piven. Where do I begin? You are best friends with John Cusack, so I have to love you. I can only assume you are wearing that ascot as a test of my love. I HATE IT. And your hilights. But, you still endear me because you always bring your mom to award shows. You are a straight Kevin Spacey.

Hi, Sarah Chalke! I love Scrubs. It is one of the most underrated television series, EVER. You are fantastic on it. And you got to make out with Scott Foley for several episodes, so I'm jealous of you. I wish Scott were here now. Sigh.

I wish there was a special Emmy being given to the cast of Felicity. Maybe that's why Abrams is here. Where are Keri and Scott Speedman?

Hey, Denis Leary. I love Rescue Me. It's a great show about horrible people. Sometimes it's just a good show about horrible people, but that is okay. I would be happy if he or Kiefer win Best Actor. I just hope he doesn't mention anything about the Red Sox if he does win. That would make me sick.

At 4:30, someone started making announcements that the show was going to start soon and everyone should make their way inside. No one listened. People who were working that Red Carpet were not going to be swayed. They would put up with Billy Bush and Seacrest if it meant getting face time. What egos!

Those announcements start coming every five minutes and grow increasingly annoying. I really want to kill whoever is making them. Someone suggests that its Conan. No, ass, it isn't.

Finally! Zach Braff is here. I love you, Zach! Looking forward to The Last Kiss. I hope it's not too quirky. As I get older I have less patience for quirk in large doses. Keep it to a minimum.

I absolutely adore him on Scrubs. That whole cast is phenomenal. I want JD and Elliot to get back together. I wonder if Bill Lawrence will take my suggestion.

Wow. Wentworth Miller has arrived. He is too good looking. And he's really working that tux. I jump down to the 2nd row and snap a shot of him signing an autograph. He was really very sweet and signed a bunch of things for people. Some woman in the first section told him he was the best thing since chocolate cake. Very funny. And now I realize how hungry I am.

Well, we decided to end the day on a high note and I figured being two rows away from Wentworth Miller was it. It was time to leave my first Red Carpet and get back to the hotel before I turned into a pumpkin. Or was asked to clean the bleachers. Whichever.

It really was an unbelievably fun experience. So worth the overpriced airfare.

My skin is starting to peel. Gross. But I guess it was worth that, too.

No comments: