Saturday, September 30, 2006

A D-Lister in Stamford

Thursday night I saw Kathy Griffin at the Palace Theater in good ole' Stamford, CT. Sadly, Jim Halpert was not there.

It was a sold-out show, thank you very much! Stamford loves Kathy.

And it was a mix of all kinds of people. The biggest surprise was how many pregnant women there were.

I expected someone's water to break. Didn't happen, though.

Kathy performed for about two hours, so I will forgive her for the just barely hour-long performance she gave at Mohegan Sun back in February.

She was hilarious, per usual.

Touched on all the topics you would imagine: Clay, The View, Suri, Scientology, The Olsen Twins, Oprah and Gail, her parents, her wacky living arrangements, and her gay following.

She also recounted her Ambien blackout in Iraq. I had heard it before but it was just as funny. She is a wonderful storyteller.

Sadly, she did not get to her Emmy's experience. I'm sure she would have given a nice shout-out to my brother and I.

Or told us to suck it.

No comments: