Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm glad I stopped hating Gwen Stefani


Because I did for a while. She used to bug like crazy.

I can still remember her awkward acceptance speeches when No Doubt won awards at the VMAs. She acted like she was on crack.

And don't get me started on the bindi. Gwen, you grew up in SoCal. And wash the henna off your hands.

Even thinking about it now makes me hostile.

Of course, my biggest problem with Gwen(at the time)was that she was dating Gavin Rossdale. How could she? I claimed him for my own at the Meadows Music Theater in Hartford, CT. What a bitch!

But, that was.....1994/1995, and a lot has changed.

First of all, I realized I couldn't date someone with better hair than me. Your loss, Gavin!

Second, Gwen got her shit together and started speaking coherently in public.

Third, Gwen told Kathy Griffin she was a fan. I love anyone that appreciates The Griffin.

Fourth, Gwen and Gavin started showing up to award shows together, and even my bitter heart softened. They just looked so damn cute!

And, finally, Gwen gave birth to the adorable Kingston a few months ago. That boy is going to be a major heartbreaker.

So, congrats to the happy family. And congratulations to me for crossing someone off my Celebrity Hate List. It has become extremely difficult to manage, and every little bit helps.

No comments: