Thursday, September 28, 2006

I called it. Where's my prize?

When Tina Fey announced that she was leaving SNL, my first thought was "Oh, crap."

My second was that Seth Meyers should take over for her on Weekend Update.

Well, he is! Congrats to Seth.

I think he and Amy Poehler have a nice chemistry on the show, and that should translate well to Update.

I also think that I should be given free tickets for the next several seasons because I had this idea first.

Or, at the very least, invites to the after parties.

I'm hoping that Amy's husband, Will Arnett, will host at some point this season. They costar in a film called Blades of Glory that is opening on March 31st of next year(Happy Birthday, Becky!).

Since Will Ferrell also stars in the movie, I'm betting he will get the hosting job that weekend.

Fine. Guest appearance by Will Arnett. Just give me my Gob Bluth, dammit! And throw in Franklin for good measure.

Ahem.

The season premiere of SNL is this weekend. Dane Cook hosts(please, no Jessica cameo) and The Killers are the musical guest.

Good luck, Seth.

1 comment:

JP said...

I actually haven't heard it yet. So much for New York stations being cutting edge!