Thursday, August 31, 2006

Did you see anyone famous?

That is what someone at work asked me. How do people like that live?

I actually went to the Amateur Emmy's. I think everyone there has a lot of potential. Especially the newbies just starting out on The Office.

Yes, The Office. It won Best Comedy. So suck it. You know who I'm talking to.

Anyway, being in the bleachers was like the Mother Ship calling me home. I was in my glory.

Ah! It's Buster from Arrested Development! I love you, Tony Hale! Sadly, he wasn't wearing Buster's hook. He was, however, forced to stand on the E! platform with Seacrest and the woman that won the Red Carpet Challenge. Gag. Fine, I'm bitter.

After seeing Tony Hale, it was like the flood gates opened. Hey, it's Will Arnett and Amy Poehler! They are so cute! Amy is so tiny. And her hair is really blonde. I love you, Gob Bluth! Bring back Arrested Development! Will and Amy waved to us and were all smiles. I love them. I want to hang out with them. I want to know if Will got to keep the Franklin puppet from the show.

Ah, TV boyfriend #1! John Krasinski from The Office is chatting up Will and Amy! They are all friends! I want to join in the party! John, as long as you aren't needy and never ask to meet my parents, we'd be perfect together. I'm loving your suit!

More people from The Office show up. Jenna Fischer and her husband, James. James is the brother of the guy that plays Kirk on Gilmore Girls. I really hate that show now. Jenna, you married the better brother.

Every few minutes it dawns on me that I'm going to see Patrick Dempsey in a tux. Some of my brain cells explode.

Good grief. Jennifer Love-Hewitt is here. Who did she screw to get an invite? Yes, I know she's on Ghost Whisperer, but still. Her boyfriend is goofy-looking and his name is Ross. As I still have many issues with how bad the last two seasons of Friends were, I decide to hate him.

My brother is in his full-on heterosexual male glory, and proceeds to take roughly 250 pictures of "Love." I try not to vomit.

Hey, it's Dennis Haysbert! I love him. He has such a great voice. I actually sit through Allstate commercials just to listen to it. I really do.

Holy dye job, it's Victor Garber! Vic, although my issues with Alias warrant years of therapy, I hold no grudge against you. Sure, you were the only witness for Jen and Ben's wedding, but that doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you crazy. Of course, because of that, I can't support your new show. Well, there's my grudge afterall.

Speaking of Alias, the Devil himself, J.J. Abrams, is here. WHAT?!? I wasn't expecting this. I always said that if I ever saw J.J., there would be a lot of swearing and yelling on my part. I don't have time for either, so I quietly call him a prick and turn my attention to Jon Stewart.

Neither one walked the press line. They opted for the line that was closer to the bleachers.

I love you, Jon! Please beat up J.J. for me. Some woman yelled out "Jon Stewart for President!" The crowd went wild. Jon was embarrassed.

Good Lord, Katharine Heigel is huge. She looks gorgeous. My brother met her at a bar in Stamford a few years ago. Hi, Katie! Where the hell is Dempsey? And who taught you to cry on camera? Have them shot. Your crying scene in the 3rd to last Grey's episode of the season was horrible. Trust me, Denny was not worth crying over. He was creepy. Love your dress, though.

Wow. What's wrong with Ellen Pompeo's hair? It looks horrible. I call extensions. I hope they aren't the ones that Jessica Simpson is selling.

OH MY GOSH! Sadly, I noticed Jill Dempsey first. I saw this thin blonde woman with bad hair, and it took me a few minutes to place her. It was like having one of those nightmares when you want to scream but you can't. I wanted to yell at my brother to start snapping pictures, but I couldn't get the words out. Finally, I just screamed "Dempsey!" The snapping began.

Now, I'll be honest. Patrick's hair was too straight for my taste. Yes, that was a nitpick. Whatever. The man is gorgeous. And he waved. Right at me. And only me. In my dreams, of course. In reality, he waved to the asses in the first section that screamed "McDreamy!" It was very nice of him, but I feel it's time to step away from that name. He hasn't been McDreamy since Addison showed up in Seattle. Thanks for screwing with my ideal TV boyfriend, Shonda! I hate you!

Anyway, he really did look gorgeous. And during the E! interview with Seacrest, you could see me over Patrick's shoulder(or on top of his head, depending on the angle). Finally, I touched Patrick Dempsey! I hope it was as good for him. Sigh.

There is actually more to talk about, so the Emmy's madness will continue. I'm milking this for all its worth.

No comments: