Wednesday, September 13, 2006

For the love of Celestia

Anne Heche stars in a new drama on ABC, entitled Men in Trees.

It premiered last night, and I only know that because I watched the end of Dancing with the Stars.

(No, I'm not proud. I just thought I should be honest).

I assume ABC thought Dancing would get big ratings and wanted to give a push to Heche's show. Smart.

WOW. She has a really annoying voice. Combine that with scenes of her using a microphone, and I was ready to take a hit of Ecstasy and hightail it to the Fourth Dimension.

You remember that whole fiasco, don't you?

Well, here's a little refresher:

Anne was dating Ellen DeGeneres for three years.

The day the news broke that they had split, Anne was found roaming in a rural section of Fresno dazed and confused. And calling herself "Celestia." And looking for a spaceship that would take her to the Fourth Dimension.

She claims that she was told that in order to get on the spaceship she would need to take a hit of Ecstasy.

The woman went batshit crazy. It was like the day Robert Downey, Jr. was found sleeping in the bed of his neighbor's son.

Well, Anne wrote a book, appropriately entitled "Call Me Crazy." (Consider it done).

Fast forward several years, and Anne is married(to a man)and has a child. Or a few. (To be honest, I've lost interest in her private life).

Only time will tell how long this show lasts. It's been compared to Northern Exposure because it takes place in Alaska and has quirky characters. Although, it does not have John Corbett(when he was still hot), so there is a knock to it right off the bat.

I suppose if the ratings aren't that good(when it moves to its Friday night time slot), we can expect a guest appearance from Celestia.

Although I think its safe to say we shouldn't expect an appearance on Ellen's talk show.

No comments: