Saturday, September 02, 2006

I've got your Emmy rant right here


You knew it was coming.

Let's begin:

Michael Scott was robbed!

Please. I'm over Tony Shaloub winning for Monk. Enough, already! That show is annoying. I loved you on Wings, Shaloub, and I have nothing against you personally, but Steve Carell deserved to win. Plain and simple.

Jeremy Piven. Nice speech. Using the term "fluffer" AND talking about your dad takes talent. I've never watched Entourage, but I hear he's very good. I was really hoping Will Arnett would win, but I'll overlook the ascot and give a heartfelt "congratulations."

Megan Mullally? NO! I used to love Will and Grace, but, like Friends, it stayed on two years too long. The show was horrible and so was the acting. They didn't want to be there anymore than I wanted to watch it.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jaime Pressly should have won. I wasn't a fan of hers until now, but she is absolutely hilarious as Joy on My Name is Earl. She owns that character.

I was completely happy with Kiefer's win. He was very humble and gracious. I like that. Anyone who dodges the bullet known as Julia Roberts deserves some type of recognition. Kudos to you, Sutherland!

Mariska Hargitay? Cool. I had no investment in the Best Lead Actress category, and she gave a nice speech. Plus, her husband is all kinds of cute. It was a nice excuse to cut to him.

Julia, Julia. You will always be Elaine to me. I tried giving your new show a try, but I can't get past the generic jokes. I would have liked to see you do the Elaine dance on stage, but that's fine. Cute speech.

Look, I like Blythe Danner as much as the next person. I overlook the fact that she is Gwyneth's mom and think she is a great actress. However, I was pulling for Jean Smart. She did an amazing job on 24. Her First Lady was a complete mess. Loved it.

Alan Alda. I never watched West Wing, and I really wanted Gregory Itzin to win, but congrats Hawkeye Pierce.

I LOVE THE OFFICE! I'm so glad it won. I like that everyone on stage, and in the audience, gave Ricky and Stephen a big hand. Well deserved, of course.

Did anyone else catch Mindy Kaling's dress slip? Yes, we had Nipplegate 2006. My brother is also convinced he has an Ellen Pompeo nipple slip on his camera. I think it came close, but don't think actual nipple was exposed.

I was thrilled that 24 won as well. What a great show. This past season was my first. Every episode was truly entertaining and had me on the edge of my seat. Very fun.

All-in-all I was happy with the winners. Would I have liked to have seen Lost nominated for major awards? Of course. For no other reason than to have a Matthew Fox sighting. Sigh.

Grey's bit it. Ouch! I'm glad Patrick was a presenter, because I don't think I saw him in his seat all night. That's just ridiculous. He was in a tux, camera people! Geez.

Finally, I just have to say how much I love Conan. The opening monologue wasn't phenomenal, but he's just so damn funny, I can overlook it. That hair is ridiculous. Loved the taped segments involving other shows. Very funny. That Dateline spoof was fantastic.

Here's hoping that next year is just as good. Maybe I'll even make my way inside. Krasinski...Dempsey....all you have to do is ask.

No comments: