Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Hills finale

That was a finale? YAWN!

On with the recap:

I'm going to start off my last recap of the season with a disclaimer. As my older brother called me right at 10:00 to talk about the previous two hours of television heaven, AKA the CW's killer combo of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, I missed some of the beginning of Hills. This probably isn't very surprising, but I found I can have a phone conversation and still follow the intricate plot points of the show at the same time. So without any further interruption (unless my brother calls again to talk about Lisa Loeb's GG appearance tonight), the Hills finale recap can begin.

Seeing Heidi traipse through the Sahara in Vegas brings back many memories as I stayed there a few summers ago. I remember laying out at that pool, and getting denied a free drink at the bar because I left my ID up in the room. I also remember my dad calling me from the slot machines at 5 AM asking me to collect his thousands of dollars in winnings. But that's really for another time.

Why would Stephanie subject herself to a car ride from LA to Vegas with Spencer? That must've been a long, annoying trip through the desert.

Looks like another one of the girls has to choose between work and a boy. We all saw how Lauren's decision to pick Jason worked out for her that fateful summer. Will Heidi follow in her footsteps?

Lauren's really holding onto that braid hairstyle for dear life, huh?

For anyone who nearly peed their pants watching the commercial for the movie The Strangers, you're not alone. Spooky.

Heidi, obviously, is a dumb ass. I'm not saying that Brent Bolthouse and his creepy business partner are a huge draw, but raggedy beard Spencer is just...wrong.

I guess Lauren and Audrina's disintegrating friendship is this season's cliffhanger. Eh. I do feel bad, especially when Lauren's tears start flowing. But it just isn't as thrilling as the finales of Hills past.

I know there's an aftershow on at 11, but if you've read any of these recaps you know my feelings about such events. If anyone has any good dish from watching, share with the group. Until next season, make sure to read the 1,000 Us Weekly articles written about the Hills girls to keep your addiction going strong. As always, thanks for reading!

*Here's some scoop: Speidi was denied at the door! Lauren bitch-faced her way to ensuring they would not be allowed into the after party. I'm sure to console themselves they hit up that Mexican restaurant they love so much.*

No comments: