Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boo hoo

Somebody needs a reality check. Her name? Gwyneth Paltrow.

While promoting her new film Two Lovers in Cannes, the Oscar winner(still think that is a joke) whined about how Hollywood forgot about her after she had her children. She went on to say that "I definitely knew I had lost my place."

Could it have anything to do with the fact that you moved to London? Perhaps people got tired of your holier-than-thou act? I seem to recall Julianne Moore working even after she had children. Let's see....who else....Kate Winslet, Tina Fey, Laura Dern, Cate Blanchett, and Jennifer Garner(added begrudgingly!)all found work after having children. All are in their 30s and getting consistent work in film, theater, and television.

You dug your own grave, Paltrow. You started giving interviews where you acted above it all, talked about how you'd rather live in London, became friends with Madonna, called Angie a "Heinous bitch" and Brad "Really ugly." Fine, I made the last part up, but I'm sure you had those thoughts run through your mind as you watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith on dvd. Perhaps even thinking back to a simpler time when your head was in a box in Seven. I know I loved it!

So, find that cotton candy pink frock you won your Oscar in and recreate that night in your life. It's all you are getting!

No comments: