Monday, April 28, 2008

Put some clothes on, Ms. Miley Cyrus

There is a big controversy brewing because of her Vanity Fair photo where she only has a sheet covering her breasts. Annie Leibovitz, please save us from this lazy photography in the future. Thanks, The Universe.

I'm so tired of this shot, or any shot of a young actress/singer/woman draped in a sheet with a come hither look on her face. Stop it, already. And stop taking 15-year-olds and turning them into Lolitas for the sake of a magazine. The only people you are making happy are the pervs that Chris Hanson is tirelessly trying to put behind bars. They love that crap.

You know what else I'm tired of? Children becoming celebrities and than having an identity crisis by the time they are teenagers. No one, regardless of level of talent, should be allowed to perform in their chosen profession until they are 18. Let them live their lives like everyone else and then work to achieve their dreams after high school. I did it and look how happy and well-adjusted I am!

Fine. I am a horrible example, but if letting young women live a normal life and keeping them out of the spotlight until they are adults keeps me from having to see pictures of them half-naked in Vanity Fair, it is worth it. You know how cranky I can be.

I mean, have we learned nothing from Jessica Biel and Britney Spears? Both wanted to shed their "good girl" image and ended up dating Justin. Well, there goes my argument. It's all Justin's fault.

No comments: