Friday, April 04, 2008

Mediocre reviews and a lemon face

Two things that the movie Leatherheads has going against it. I mean, seriously, Zellwegger, where are your eyes? Stop sucking on lemons in between takes.

Fine, fine. I thought you were good as Bridget Jones(when you were a normal weight!).

What the film does have going for it are its two leading men: George Clooney and John Krasinski. And, yes, I'm biased because I love them both, and, yes, it just so happens to be playing at a theater 5 minutes away from my apartment, but I am spending my hard-earned(?) dollars and going to see it this weekend.

I mean, I sat through the crap-fest known as License to Wed for a Krasinski fix. I'll do it again. And at least this film doesn't have Robin Williams chewing scenery like Britney chews gum: grotesquely.

May even be seeing it tonight if the Yankee game is rained out. Unless, of course, I fall asleep on the couch like the 95-year-old woman I turn into on Friday night. It happens, kids! Getting old blows.

No comments: