Thursday, September 06, 2007

Trainwreck in Vegas

Oh, MTV. I once loathed my parents for being the only people in the neighborhood(at the time I thought ENTIRE WORLD)that didn't have cable and were, therefore, depriving me of seeing Duran Duran videos. Oh, the humanity.

Well, years and years and YEARS later(yes, I'm old), MTV proves that it sucks ass and can't pass up a white hot mess when it sees one. The "music channel" officially announced today that Brit will be opening the Music Awards this coming Sunday. If I were in the first several rows, I would wear ponchos like I was expecting Gallagher to come on stage and smash some watermelons. You don't know when a weave, red bull, puke, or coke sweat will hit you in the face! Take cover!

Sure, I'll watch. I love a good lip sync!

MTV, however, scolds me right to my face by announcing she will sing the song live. Who wrote that press release and how hard were they laughing? No harder then me when I read she spent an hour at a tanning salon yesterday. An hour? Good gracious. Just pull an Amanda Bynes and become addicted to self-tanner. Have you seen that girl lately? She's not the Amanda that I used to watch while babysitting on Saturday nights in Wilton, CT(don't judge! I needed the money!).

Anyway, watch out Vegas. This will be worse than any Carrot Top show. Hmmm....could be a love match in the making.

No comments: