Monday, September 17, 2007

Emmy recap

I'll just start by saying I was not bitter AT ALL that this year's bleacher seats were covered. What a great idea! It's not like they make you wait in the sun for 4 hours until the celebrities begin to show. HATE!

I would also like to say that everyone in the bleacher seats looked like nice, intelligent people who completely deserved to be there. Congrats to you all! (No, my brother didn't say anything about wishing the roof would collapse on all of you. Stop trying to start rumors!)

Let's begin with the pre-show. Oy.

Seacrest was a dick, as always. I loved how he ogled all of the women he interviewed in an attempt to keep that closet door tightly shut. What a loser. His strange obsession with Eva Longoria is creepy. I think he's in love with Tony Parker and figures if he butters Eva up, she won't suspect the knife he one day puts in her heart so Tony can be his! Or, he's looking to make an "Eva suit of skin" that he can wear like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. Fun!

The Best Dressed of the night were Julia Louis-Dreyfus in deep purple, Kristen Bell in cornflower blue, Glenn Close in navy, Tina Fey and Mariska Hargitay in black, Kate Walsh in red, and America Ferrara in bright blue. Kudos, ladies! My gosh, Mariska's husband is good-looking! Deep breaths....deep breaths. Okay.

Worst Dressed was Vanessa Williams. Good grief. Feathers are never a good idea on a dress. Just, no. The color was wonderful (mint green), but the feathers were hideous. Shame on you, Kevan Hall.

I was also disappointed in Jenna Fischer's dress. The big bow underneath her breasts was ridiculous, and I didn't quite get the print. In a solid color, it would have looked amazing. Her hair and makeup were flawless, and I really wanted her to "wow" the red carpet after hurting her back in May and recently announcing her split with her husband. Oh, Jenna! I still love you and your frizzy hair and cardigans. Oh, wait. That's Pam. Well, love them both.

For the men, bow ties were a big trend. WHY???? I hate bow ties. But, John Krasinski and Patrick Dempsey wore them and looked hot, so I will begrudgingly accept it. I think Sally Field was having a hot flash when presenting with Patrick. I would have as well, Sally. I wasn't thrilled with the shorter hair on Patrick, but he looked great last night.

Did I mention I don't like Seacrest? Stick to hosting that singing competition show. Just awful. His attempts at humor were like an open-mic night. NIGHTMARE. Please let someone with a comedy gene host next year. He wasted no time going over to Eva and asking to see the bottom of her shoe. Huh? Oh, man. Foot fetish? You know he's dying to wear those heels.

The Theater in the Round was making me dizzy. Bad idea. And I don't understand the seating. The Office won the Best Comedy Emmy last year. Why weren't they in front? And why wasn't I given a clear indication as to whether or not Krasinski and Rashida Jones are still dating? That should have been your top priority FOX! Don't make me speculate as to why they weren't sitting next to each other. Trouble in paradise?

I really wanted Jenna to win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy, but I can live with Jaime Pressly winning. Joy is a great character and she plays her with a lot of sass. Great acceptance speech, too.

I'm so bummed Ricky Gervais wasn't there to pick up his Best Actor in a Comedy award. I love Extras and am glad he was recognized. I LOVED that Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had Steve Carell come up on stage instead. HA! Great moment of them jumping around together. I would have been happy with Steve, Alec Baldwin, or Ricky winning. Just no Shaloub. Enough with Monk. Really.

If one show was going to beat The Office and not make me throw my t.v., it was 30 Rock. Such a great show. I hope this brings more recognition (and viewers). As it is now the permanent lead-in to The Office, I want big things for it this season. Tina's speech was hilarious. I am one of the "dozens and dozens of people that watch our show." HA! And proud of it. Oh, and I loved how Tracy Morgan was up on stage just chewing his gum. Was he still wearing his alcohol monitoring anklet? Such a great accessory.

Greg Daniels won for Comedy Writing for The Office. He and Conan used to be roommates. He kept Jim and Pam apart all season and introduced me to Karen Fillipelli. Congrats, Greg! *Smack*

Sally Field was censored for saying that if mothers ruled the world, there would be no war. I love Sally Field.

All-in-all, an okay show. Oh, and XTina performed with Tony Bennett. Fake bake and bleached hair have never looked classier. No, really.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cornflower blue? Who do you think you are? (Me?) Haha.

JP said...

Easy, Stacy London.

I read it in a newspaper. So there!