Monday, August 27, 2007

The Teen Choice Awards are scary

Paris and Nicole hosted last year, didn't they? And the kids loved them. UGH. Shady award show to say the least. And shouldn't they have teen stars host? Or at least people who haven't tried heroin and flashed their cooches to photographers? I can't be the only person who hasn't done either, right? Fine, I'll host next year.

This year, Hilary Duff and Nick Cannon did the honors. Neither one of them are teens, but okay. Shouldn't they have had the scary kid from High School Musical 1 and 2 and his beard host? Well, they won a bunch of awards. Man, Zac uses a lot of self-tanner.

Those hos from The Hills were there, too. Well, not Heidi. LC and Audrina. Yes, I know their names without looking them up. My life is officially in the toilet. Flush me, I'm done.

Other people who are not teens were there, including Steve Carell. Oh, Steve! It was nice of him to show to keep the young demographic happy. I don't really know if teens are watching The Office. For those that do, I'm here to tell you two things: Jim Halpert does not exist. You will work in offices with unattractive people that complain about their spouses and how they will never make enough to retire. It's very depressing. Also, working in an office sucks harder then what they show you on t.v.

Other people won other dumb awards but I'm now too depressed to go on about it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

In keeping with my lifelong devotion to anything teenybopper, I enjoy HSM1 and HSM2. And yes, only true fans use the aforementioned abbreviations.

JP said...

What? How are we related? I saw two seconds of the 2nd one and wanted to jump out a window. You and Rob and your love of teen angst.

Carry on!