Monday, January 08, 2007

This has the makings to be horrible

And I love it!

The 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees were announced today, and this might be the ugliest ceremony yet.

Van Halen, R.E.M, The Ronettes, Patti Smith, and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five will be celebrated on March 12th at the Waldorf Astoria, and I'm hoping David Lee Roth crashes the party. Oh, the drama!

Apparently, only Eddie Van Halen, and his brother, Alex, are on speaking terms. Bassist Michael Anthony is now siding with Sammy Hagar in thinking that the brothers are asses. Where does this leave Dave? Well, he had a short-lived morning radio show, and was studying to be an EMT. Maybe he's saving someone as we speak. Or, talking them to death. Who knows?

What I do know is that I wish I was going to be in the audience that night, because I love R.E.M and think Michael Stipe is freaky enough to do a rendition of "Jump" with Diamond Dave. FUN!

Or, maybe Eddie will jump off the wagon and say mean things about Valerie Bertinelli. Either way, win-win.

No comments: