Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globezzzzzzz

That last hour bored me.

First of all, The Office was robbed. It is the Best Comedy on television. Period.

Loved America Ferrara's speech. She was more poised then a lot of people twice her age.

Warren Beatty, please shut up. No wonder Annette was downing the champagne like it was water.

Congrats to Alec Baldwin. Completely deserving of his win and gave a very gracious speech. I'm sure Kim was puking, but I was happy for him.

I used to love Grey's Anatomy. Now, not so much. 24 is the Best Drama on television and deserved the award. And, Shonda Rhimes, I'd like my hearing back. Promise me you will never screech again. And the word "seriously" was over during your first nine episodes. But Dempsey looked G-O-O-D.

As for the fashion portion of the evening, I was surprised by how few misses there were. Vanessa Williams, you are a "few." Honey, what was with the hair? I thought it was a weave, but she said it was her actual hair. OH, Vanessa. YIKES! And should I go PETA on your ass about that fur? I should and will. Was it fake? Didn't look it to me. Tsk Tsk.

Sienna Miller. Oh, my. What was with the milk maid tribute? And that dress was just fugly.

Beyonce? No. Just no. She looked so trashy. Did Tina Knowles design that dress?

Cameron Diaz was also looking foul. I know all about the recent breakup, Cam, but please. Now is not a time for ruffles. Actually, is there ever a good time? And that lipstick was too much. Look to your friend, Drew, for how to dress for an awards show post-breakup. Ms. Barrymore looked divine....although, I have to take points off for the spray-on tan. She didn't veer into Charlize territory, but still. Pale is the new tan, Drew. Live it!

Reese also worked a post-breakup glow. I wasn't feeling the bangs at first, but she did really look good. The yellow was really becoming of her. Yes, I did think she might be a little too thin, but she's one of those people that obviously doesn't eat when she's stressed. I normally hate those people, but this is Elle Woods and June Carter Cash for goodness sakes! I'll give her a pass for now. Some pie wouldn't hurt, though. Oh, and SUCK IT Ryan! To think, last year he was getting sloshed with Shirley McClaine while Reese accepted her Globe. Now, he's......well, no one really cares now, either.

Kate Winslet, you looked stunning. So classy. I even liked Renee's dress. Loved that green. One question, Renee: where the hell are your eyes? I couldn't find them for the life of me. Oh, and she and Luke Perry went on a date last week. I wonder if Nat served them fries at the Peach Pit.

Meryl, I love you. You are classy and funny and contrary to what Jerry said on Seinfeld, you are no phoney baloney. And she always has the best glasses.

Brangelina. Hmmmm.......Brad looked AMAZING(said in a Melissa Rivers voice). Angie accessorized with a bitch face and fake lashes. My gosh, what was up her ass? I know there were no children to save, but it's okay to just kick back and have a drink every now and then. Good gracious, woman. Your baby daddy is smokin' hot and all you could do was walk around looking like someone farted in your face. Don't make me sympathize with Aniston.

So glad Ben and Jen were there. Oh, and I loved seeing Jen and J.J. chatting. How fun! GAG! I didn't like your dress, Jennifer. And you are too thin. And Ben looked.....off. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Cutest couple of the night were John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer. Although she is married, and he is most likely dating Rashida Jones, they were adorable walking the red carpet together. Love you, Jim and Pam.

No comments: