Monday, January 29, 2007

Kevin Smith and the SAGs

No, he didn't crash last night's award show. And he certainly won't be nominated for his acting any time soon. I saw him in Catch and Release this weekend and it took all my strength not to pull an Elaine in Seinfeld and scream at the screen. My gosh, is he annoying. Stick to directing Kev. And stop wearing plaid shorts. Gah.

No, on to better things.....like, The Office winning Best Comedy ensemble last night. Well deserved, of course. I am so thrilled that people are embracing this show(well, MOST PEOPLE). Some, who like to live in worlds where vampires and vampire slayers exist, like to live above giving things a chance.

Ahem.

So, anyway, how about The Office? It's great!

Also great? Little Miss Sunshine winning Best Picture ensemble. Take that, other nominated films. You suck! I would love an Oscar win to round out a great awards season for this movie.

As far as fashion, nude was the non-color of the night. Some knew how to work it, like Chandra Wilson and Cate Blanchett, and others did not. Yes, Heather Graham and Mary-Louise Parker. I mean YOU. Mary-Louise Parker has the scariest eyes I have ever seen. I don't remember being creeped out by her in Fried Green Tomatoes. What the hell happened??? She has doll eyes. Or maybe they were dilated right before the ceremony. Regardless, sister looked like a freak.

And Heather Graham had the nastiest-looking pair of stripper shoes I have ever seen on a red carpet. Ick.

Best dressed of the night were Mariska Hargitay, America Ferrera, and me. I was wearing a wine-colored long-sleeve tee from Target. It was my homage to Sharon Stone wearing a Gap t-shirt to the Oscar's a few years back. Or not. But it was comfortable and I didn't even need a stylist to pick it out for me!

Best dressed males were Patrick Dempsey and John Krasinski. It was so sweet of them to give me a special sign when they were on stage. I love you too, boys.

No comments: