Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Huh?" and "Well, they better have!"

So, NBC has decided to give a full season pickup to Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. So much for the cancellation rumors.

I don't like this show. I gave it two episodes, and I was out. First of all, the dialogue is horrible. Everyone comes off sounding pretentious or whiny. Or both. Spare me, Sorkin.

Second, Amanda Peet is a horrible actor. I've never found her enjoyable in anything. She has such a wooden delivery and her attempt at humor is laughable for all the wrong reasons. And, no, this has nothing to do with the fact that she did a movie with Michael Vartan. I'm not jealous! I'm just annoyed.

Third, I don't like Matthew Perry. He bugs.

Better news is that ABC has picked up Men in Trees for a full season, and is moving it to Thursdays at 10:00 starting November 30th. I know, I know. I can Anne Heche-bash with the best of them(LONG LIVE CELESTIA!), but this show is really good. It's sweet and funny and (surprisingly) it got to me after I was able to move past the first ten minutes of the pilot episode(I swear that Anne sucked on helium. My ears were bleeding).

Plus, James Tupper is hot and doesn't speak much on the show. He's perfect!

Although, this now puts him in direct competition with Mr. John Stamos on ER.

Decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, I guess this is the end for Six Degrees. I finally went with my gut and took no interest in a J.J. Abrams-produced series. I think I'm the better for it.

Rumor has it that ABC may bring it back in January, but what's the point? I'm sure there will be a new Bachelor premiering by then. YAWN.

No comments: