Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emmy nominations - Blergh!

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that Steve and Rainn and Alec and Tina and Lee and Kristin and Amy and Will and Jean and Christina and Neil were nominated. And The Office and 30 Rock and Lost were given their due.

But, where are my Friday Night Lights nominations? I defy anyone to explain to me (using logic and reason) why Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton were not nominated! Why wasn't Pushing Daisies given a Best Comedy nom? Two and a Half Men? Really?

John Krasinski, where is your nomination? Did The Piv take it again? John did outstanding work on a shortened season of The Office. After his poorly-chosen submission for last year's Emmy's, I was sure he would get a nomination this year with an episode entitled 'Branch Wars.' You remember it, don't you? When Michael and Dwight kidnap Jim and force him to go to the Utica branch to see ex-girlfriend, Karen, in hopes of keeping her from luring Stanley out of Scranton. That episode. John was funny, flustered, overwhelmed, and displayed a mean Irish brogue at the end. Emmy voters, you suck!

And so help me, if Seacrest wins 'Outstanding Host, Reality Series,' it will get ugly. Team Heidi (Klum, not Montag)!

No comments: