Monday, February 12, 2007

Grammy wrap-up

I hate Mondays.

Now, on to the Grammy's!

So, I missed The Police opening the show. I thought they would save them for later. I was wrong. Heard their version of "Roxanne" on the way home tonight. It sounded good, but Sting obviously can't hit the high notes anymore. I blame Trudy.

The Dixie Chicks won all 5 awards they were nominated for, and it was quite clear they were surprised the most by their Best Country Album win. You know Natalie Maines was one sip of beer away from screaming "Suck on that, Country Music Association! And I still hate you, Prez!" Congrats, Chicks. And Natalie, I'm loving the new hair color.

Justin Timberlake did this really annoying thing with a hand-held video camera during one of his performances. Look, I don't like when Bono gets up in the camera during a concert, so I'm certainly not going to put up with Justin doing it. And how interesting that Ms. Scarlett Johansson was in the audience last night. When I think music awards, I don't think ScarJo. Still denying that she's seen Justin's penis. She has.

Mary J. Blige brought down the house and picked up a few trophies as well. Congrats, Mary. And she was definitely one of the best dressed of the night.

Carrie Underwood also looked very good. She was pretending she was hosting the Oscar's and changed her outfit a few different times. I really liked her version of "Desperado." And congrats for winning Best New Artist.

You know who didn't look good? John Mayer. I know this is a sign of age, but it bugs the crap out of me when guys wear suits with sneakers. Just stop. You look like a douche. Even Duckie wore buckle shoes to the prom in Pretty in Pink. Get it together, Mayer. And cut your hair.

Best Dressed Male is going to Ludacris. Loved those sunglasses! I also liked what Seal wore, but then I saw his shoes. He admitted that Heidi did not help him dress(because she was in Germany), and it showed. She, and Tim Gunn, would not have let him walk out of the house with them on. Nice leather jacket, though.

And I would just like to thank Shakira for having the nerve to wear her hair all frizzy and natural. I'm with you, Shakira! Sadly, though, I don't have a good singing voice or any skill that keeps people from looking at me and just thinking that I'm too lazy to put some product in my hair. I can't help it! Gel makes me break out. So there!

No comments: