Monday, February 26, 2007

But it felt more like 4 years

Wow. The Oscar's were longgggggggg. Too long. Please cut out those horrible awards that no one cares about.

I know that's a terrible thing to say but I can't help it! I know the sound people and costume people work just as hard(probably more so, let's be honest)as the actors, but can't those awards be given out the night before? I know. I'm selfish. I want the show over in 2 hours like the SAGs.

*My gosh, 24 was boring tonight*

Anywho, I am so thrilled that Alan Arkin won for Little Miss Sunshine. Well-deserved, Arkin! I know everyone thought Eddie Murphy was going to win(including Eddie), but I'm sure he'll get another chance with Daddy Daycare 2. Can't wait!

Congrats to Helen, Jennifer, and Forest. I am still charmed by Forest weeks after his hosting duty on SNL. Who knew he could sing? I didn't. Seems like a genuine person that enjoys what he does. I'm neither of those things, so it's impressive to see someone who is.

Congrats to little Marty Scorcese. Good for you, Marty! Those eyebrows are really thick, aren't they? Hilarious. Did you see Mark Wahlberg(who looked GREAT)whistling like a fiend when Marty went on stage? So classy.

You know who else looked great? George Clooney. I'm not a huge fan of the slick hair, but he seriously just gets better-looking with age.

Hands down, the Best Dressed Woman of the night was Reese Witherspoon. She looked fierce. Like, "kiss my ass and have fun with your skank, Ryan" fierce. The dress worked. The hair worked. It all worked. I've never felt that I've had one of those moments, so I don't know what that feels like. I remember liking my Garanimals back in the day, and since all you had to do was match the animal tags, it was pretty fool-proof. Maybe that was my fashion moment and I didn't even realize it! Crap.

Ellen did a fine job. I mean, the opening documentary of a good number of nominees wasn't as exciting as a Billy Crystal opening number, but whatevs. Ellen said it was a dream come true for her, and she should be proud. Nothing edgy and there was no picking on anyone(damn), but she made people laugh.

Speaking of making people laugh, Gwyneth Paltrow should get her own sitcom. Once again she proved what a bitch she is and it always makes me howl. I don't have to do any work, Paltrow. Your bitch face does it all for me. Thanks!

Worst Dressed of the night? Oy. Well, I didn't like the following: Anne Hathaway, J.Lo, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Gweneth, and Kelly Preston. Meryl didn't look great, either, but I love her and am always willing to give her a pass. SUE ME.

Oh, and no Rachel McAdams with Ryan Gosling. He apparently told People Magazine that she was working, but I like to believe they split up. At least that's what I'll tell anyone who asks. And I really don't know who would, so, YOU'VE heard it here first.

No comments: