Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Joaquin is over it

Joaquin Phoenix announced in a red carpet interview that he is retiring in order to work on his music.

Uh...congrats?

The two-time Oscar nominee will (last?) be seen in the upcoming Two Lovers with Gwynnie Paltrow. Well, that might be your answer right there. Gwynnie must be exhausting to work with.

Oh, Merrill from Signs! I also enjoyed him in Return to Paradise with Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche. Depressing movie, but I believe I saw it for free during the Boston days, so I'm sure I bought candy afterwards to take the edge off. And, of course, his portrayal of Johnny Cash in Walk the Line was mesmerizing and earned him and Oscar nomination.

And what is this I'm hearing about him spending time with ex Liv Tyler? Truth and time will tell if that rekindles.

Best of luck to Joaquin in whatever he does. The poor man had his brother die in his arms. He deserves happiness.

And I'd like to thank loyal reader, Erin, and loyal diva, Jessica, for their comments.

Funny that there is no recap of The Hills today. Hmmmm....

No comments: