Saturday, August 19, 2006

Seeing red

Next weekend, my brother, Rob, and I will be flying to California and sitting in the bleachers at the Emmy's.

Yes, I am excited. Yes, I will elbow other ticket holders out of the way for a front row bleacher seat. It might get ugly.

Speaking of ugly, thanks for nothing "discount" travel sites. I'm paying out the ass in order to see Patrick Dempsey in a tux. Yes, I know. It IS worth it. I just hope I'm still on that high when my Visa bill arrives next month.

Some of my favorite television stars will be on the red carpet, and I really want them to acknowledge me. It's sick, I know. Deep down, though, I feel I deserve a wave, photo op, and an invite to an afterparty. Or two.

Cast of Scrubs, your show is on my TiVo Season Pass, afterall! Cast of The Office(also a Season Pass), I watched your first season when very few people did! Grey's Anatomy(yes, Season Pass), I stayed up until 11:00 on Sunday nights to watch you!

At the very least, an informal Meet-n-Greet is in order.

And before the real stars arrive, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for Melissa Rivers. Seacrest is bad enough, but this freakshow is a mess. She, like her mother, doesn't know half the people she's talking to. And, no, Missy, not everyone looks "AMAZING!" Please.

I wonder if heckling is allowed.

No comments: