Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Diary of a pale girl at the Emmy's: Day 2

Who can sleep when there is Emmy's anticipation in the air? Or, when tractors are putting up street barriers at 5 in the morning? Not me!

So, after an early breakfast, we headed to the Shrine to see how close it was to our hotel. Roughly 5 minutes away. CLOSE! Set up was in full swing. Some poor bastards were already in tuxes. It wasn't even that hot and I could feel my skin screaming for shade. Luckily, I found suntan lotion before breakfast.

Then it was time to find our check-in spot at USC. There were probably 30 people in line when we got there. My elbows were going to get a workout.

Oh, f***! Those first 30 people were the first group. Whatever. I already hate the Emmy's and feel that the only way for me to not kill the annoying USC volunteers is if Patrick Dempsey invites me to the Governor's Ball.

Before walking over to the Shrine, we had to have our bags checked and a police officer had to check us for weapons with a wand. Strangely, my left hip beeped. After showing him that I didn't have pockets on my pants, he let me go. I convinced myself that I was a robot and my parents never got around to telling me. Further thought on the subject would have to wait, though, as the bleachers were now in view.

Rob and I got a top seat in the 2nd section. This would prove to be a great "on camera" spot, as well as high enough for us to clearly view all the action. The main E! booth was directly in front of us, so, unfortunately, Seacrest was going to be in our line of sight for most of our time there. He is one of the few people as annoying when he says nothing as when he has a mic in front of him.

Oh, look! It's CoJo from Entertainment Tonight in a summer white suit. Lovely. He was a big hit with the crowd.

You know who else was a big hit? Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin. Who would have thought it? Not me. They posed for pictures and talked to the crowd a lot. Way to work that upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars, Hamlin! I'll root for you.

Lisa has an amazing body. If I cared enough about my health or how I am perceived in society, I would definitely want to take dance lessons to get in shape. The thought exhausts me, though, so I'll just leave it to Lisa and eat some chips while I type.

Holy crap! Stacy London is here! I completely forgot that she works award shows for Today. She was also a big crowd pleaser. Rob could not be bothered, but I was very excited. She had the gray streak going. Love you, Stacy! No Clinton in sight. Sad.

I would later learn that Tim Gunn was a fashion correspondent for NBC's preshow. You don't know how unhappy I am that I missed him. Tim is a favorite of my sister and I. We would like to have lunch with him someday and talk trash about Nina Garcia and Michael Kors. Maybe he has some good dirt on Heidi, too. If you don't watch Project Runway this is meaningless to you, so I'll just "carry on!"

Good gracious. Billy Bush is here and he's wearing flip flops. Am I surprised? No. Billy is one of the most annoying people in entertainment news and, not surprisingly, would have no problem exposing his feet in public. He's just that annoying. Regardless of weather, men should never expose their feet(And, yes, I know Bono wore man sandals in his piece on 60 Minutes. Believe me, although he's Bono, I didn't condone it).

Oh, Lord. Kristin Veitch is here for the E! network. Now, for those of you that don't know her, she is the woman with the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD(Well, next to anyone who gets to touch Patrick Dempsey as part of their job). She holds a weekly online chat where she shares "scoop" she has about television shows from her onset moles. For the most part, she is lame and completely unprofessional. Sometimes, however, she does find actual spoilers and keeps me in the know about what is going to happen on my favorite shows. She also gets to visit the sets of a lot of my favorite shows and attends all of the network Upfronts.

I have a very love/hate relationship with Kristin. Well, mostly hate. Fine, I'm jealous. Shut up.

Hey, it's Nancy O'Dell. Oh, look over there.....Mary Hart! Don't give me a seizure, Mary. Hi, Tony Potts! I spend A LOT of time watching entertainment shows. Hey, Giuliana DiPandi. Oh, it's crazy Pat O'Brien. I wonder if he's on coke. He looks wacky from where I'm sitting.

Hmmmm......I just talked a lot about the correspondents. And I have to go pick up my pictures. I guess all the A-list sightings will have to wait until tomorrow.

Put those valiums down!

No comments: