Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sheer black shirts on men

Ummmm.....

I don't know where to begin.

Oh, here: MEN SHOULD NEVER WEAR THEM. I don't care if you find one in your size or if your girlfriend says you'll be the cutest guy in Da Club if you wear one. First of all, Gag! Secondly, your girlfriend is a loser if she thinks you should wear one and maybe you need to think about why you attract losers over a glass of wine and a good self-help book.

Let's start at the beginning: I used to have a huge crush on Jude Law. Like, I bought magazines if he was on the cover. (How I could afford that when I made less money than I do now is not something to dwell on). Anyway, if you don't know who Jude Law is or are making a face at the mere mention of his name, remember two things: I said USED TO have a crush, as in 'past tense' and ummmm.....did you not see The Talented Mr. Ripley?

Jude was beautiful. Seriously. That accent, that smile, that gleam in his eye. And obviously he was a good actor because he had to put up with Gwyneth's stank attitude but you never saw a hint of "Bitch, please!" on his face.

Jude was fab and everyone loved his performance and he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor by the Academy and won the BAFTA for the role. And he was gracious and charming and married to Sadie Frost and blah blah blah.

Then came the remake of Alfie and his fateful meeting with Sienna Miller.

From then on it was not pretty. Like Maddie without makeup. Left Sadie for Sienna, then had an affair with the nanny, and his career was on a downturn and the more his hair started to recede it was like his body was working against him and actually saying, "Yeah, we want out, you perv. Later!"

Haven't felt the same about Jude since the whole Sienna fiasco because I like to judge and she is stank and a skank and why do men leave their wives for her???? Yes, Balthazar Getty, I'm also looking at you and judging. Tsk Tsk.

Flash forward to now and Jude is getting rave reviews for his starring role in Hamlet over in London. And his hair doesn't look as offensive as a few years ago and he's looked better than he has in a long time.

Then I see a pic of him signing for fans outside the theater in a sheer black shirt. With buttons. And a collar. (Not that it would be okay if it were a sheer black tee, but OMG someone put a collar and buttons on that mess and thought that would make it okay? It doesn't.

As if you weren't dead to me before, Jude.

He may as well have been wearing sandals.

UGH.

I know I haven't posted in a few days and my inbox has been flooded with good wishes and questions as to my whereabouts. Well, first of all, BACK OFF! I answer to no one. Secondly, work has been busy and annoying.

Thanks for your concern, George Glass, and others. Appreciate it!

No comments: