Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett

RIP, Jill Munroe.

After a very public battle with cancer, Farrah passed away at the age of 62.

I was a huge fan of Charlie's Angels, which Farrah co-starred in from '76-'80. Ummmm....wasn't I too young to be watching that show? Anyway, I always wanted to be Kelly (Jaclyn Smith) when my friends and I played Charlie's Angels. I'm guessing my rationale was that I was also brunette and must have liked Kelly's flowing locks (unlike my frizzy rat's nest). Gah!

Anyway, Farrah said "Later, ladies!" after one season and went on to have a long career in film and television. She took home a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Francine Hughes in The Burning Bed, the 1984 tv movie about an abused wife that finally gets justice. I remember watching that on tv. INTENSE. She was also very good in the tv movie Small Sacrifices, in which she portrayed Diane Downs....a woman that shot her three children (killing one) because they stood in her way of happiness with her married lover. Oy.

Both films are probably on Lifetime at least once a year, so check them out.

No comments: