Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CMA Music Festival - Day 2

Before I get to my recap of Day 2, let me address something I forgot to touch on yesterday. I'm sure by now you have all heard about Speidi vs. Al Roker. I guess the gruesome twosome is on a publicity tour after the debacle of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! UGH. Stop. These two make me want to reach for the Pepto and take lessons at a shooting range (for BB guns, of course, Officer!).

The bottom line is this: don't mess with Al Roker aka Al Nino. The man endured Bryant Gumbel. He isn't afraid of two people with a combined IQ of 5 that wouldn't know integrity if it stumbled up to them during a staged photo op on Robertson Blvd. and bit them on the legs. Team Roker 4 Eva!

Moving on.....

So, Day 2 of the CMA Music Festival was Friday. How can I put this gently without offending the two of you who might be reading this? Umm....oh, wait. If it's the two I'm thinking of, you were there and know what happened. Well, let me recap anyway for those of you that might stumble onto this blog after an all-night bender: my stomach ailment decided to put down roots and fester. Isn't 'fester' a disgusting word? Well, it works in this situation.

That meant I was homebound at my Aunt's and got to catch up on my soaps. Did you know that so and so lied about the father of her baby? She did. Whore! And the guy that thought he was the father was pissed, but only after his mother accused him of being an idiot for trusting that slut. Oh, mothers. They really know how to bring out the best in us. And that other guy, who has been on the show forever, was doing something evil. Or something. I don't know. It was Friday, after all, and bad things usually happen or are set up to happen on Monday. My head was spinning! Darius, catch me. I'm feeling weak.

While I was drinking Sprite, hallucinating, and hoping that my cat was being well taken care of back in Stamford, my Aunt, The Diva, and Erin hit up Fan Fest. That's where they set up booths for different artists and you can have your picture taken with them and get an autograph. Don't crowd Chuck Wicks, ladies (or gays), because Julianne will take off her heel and gouge your eyes out with it! Little does she know that some of us are still trying to recover from the long-sleeved black lace (yes, I said LACE) shirt that poor Chuck had to wear during one of their routines on Dancing with the Stars this past season. I need to talk to the wardrobe department STAT. Stop taking Louie Van Amstel's suggestions!

There was also a stop at the Wildhorse Saloon. This place is fun (as I would find out on Saturday). Three levels encase a stage and dance floor. You can hear bands play as well as get dance lessons from some of the staff. Yee-haw!

Later on, it was time for the show. My Aunt and I stayed home this night, but The Diva and Erin were treated to Little Big Town, Rodney Atkins, Lady Antebellum, Jake Owen, The Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, and Kid Rock (well, actually, they missed his set which neither seemed to mind because he's Kid Rock and just...NO). The absence of rain meant that the concert went off without a hitch and a good time was had by all.

Tomorrow: Sipping ginger ale and spotting a tranny on stage

No comments: