Monday, September 14, 2009

Look what the windy city blew in

A new blog post!

Yes, it's been ages. One reader asked if I was too busy planning the Bluntski wedding to post. Sadly, my offer to help with the seating chart has not yet been acknowledged.

Actually, I had been getting ready for my trip to Chicago. Oprah and Gayle were going to give me an exclusive sit down interview, but then cancelled last minute. Bitches. Well, when one door closes, another opens. Guess I'll just have to settle on seeing U2 kick off their North American tour.

Yes, that'll do.

Chicago is a beautiful city. Arrived Friday afternoon and barely stopped until I was on the plane headed home yesterday (thanks for the motion sickness, Delta!!). Went with my friend Becky. That girl likes to sightsee. We saw a lot of the city in two short days. Thanks for not failing me, flip flops!

We checked into the hotel (Inn of Chicago) around 3 o'clock after taking the train from Midway. Very convenient, by the way. And cost-conscious. Thanks, Orange Line!

Then we were off and running. Walked down Michigan Ave. Turns out U2 gave an interview at the NBC building earlier in the day. Hmmm....inconvenient, boys. Next time, plan according to our schedule. Thanks.

Saw the Hershey Store with the 5lb Hershey bar. Created with me in mind? I somehow resisted. Walked up Lake Shore Drive. Gorgeous places with water views. There were 3-bedrooms starting at 1.4 million. Cheap. I would have asked Opes for a loan if she had bothered to show.

Then it was back to the hotel to rest like I'm 80. I was jet lagged!

Around 7 we headed off for dinner. Oh Friday night in Chicago. 90 minute waits will not do. So, we couldn't enjoy Giordano's. Then we walked, and walked, and tried our hand at LUXBAR (after passing Gibson's Steakhouse and seeing Jesse Jackson enjoying dinner outside). Thank you LUXBAR. Outstanding veggie burger. One of the best I've ever had. And a tasty ginger fizz didn't hurt, either (sounds gross, but tasted like peach). Tried to get a drink at Gibson's afterwards, but we scoped out the bar and only saw overdressed and annoying non-celebrities. Next!

More to come.....

No comments: