Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Did Britney bring her own weave?

I'm thinking yes. It looked ratty. Don't they have a budget over at CBS for hair? Should Tyra have loaned her a weave?

Britney guest-starred on How I Met Your Mother Monday night. I wasn't really looking forward to it because I love the show on its own merit, and although everyone screamed that this wasn't a publicity stunt to attract more viewers and save it from being cancelled, I screamed "BS!" I mean, really.

Crossroads and an episode of Will and Grace does not make one a sought-after thespian. Isn't she supposed to be a pop star first and foremost? This was a mutual decision to bring viewers to the show and put Brit in front of a camera when she was coherent. Done and done. The show had its highest ratings in its three seasons (10.6 million), and Brit came away with a decent performance to add to her resume. It wasn't earth shattering by any means, and there were a few scenes in which I think she tried a little too hard (when she was being berated on the phone by Neil Patrick Harris comes to mind), but overall I think she played it as well as any of the hos from The Hills could have (except Heidi, who would have done whatever Spencer thought was artistic and edgy...gag).

The real guest-star of the show was Sarah Chalke. She was great(as always)in her role as Ted's dermatologist. Sarah is a natural at comedy, as shown in her work on Roseanne and Scrubs. She took over the role on Mother after Alicia Silverstone backed out. As if! Although, to her credit, I can understand that she thought she would be overshadowed by all the press on Britney. Fair enough. But honestly, to me, Britney was the one overshadowed by the talent around her.

At least she didn't pull out the British accent.

No comments: