Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brad and George are easing me off the bridge

If you are a Yankee fan (and by that I mean a TRUE YANKEE FAN, not someone who occassionaly watches games if she isn't busy watching The Style Network or going for a run along the Inner Harbor) then you know it's been a frustrating year. Injuries, A-Rod's inability to be clutch, and Derek's continued dependency on the 'fade' hairstyle have made this one of the more disasterous seasons in recent memory.

*I'd like to see how sloppy and sluggish they would play if threatened with reveals of their sexuality, steroid usage, or infidelities.*

As the Yanks prepare to salvage the ounce of dignity I'm hoping they still possess and win ONE GAME against the hated and quite horrific-looking Red Sox this afternoon, I take comfort in knowing that Brad Pitt and George Clooney are doing their best to comfort me in my time of need.

How are they doing this, you might ask? Sending flowers, tubs of Ben and Jerry's, and videotaped messages assuring me that all we be well in the Bronx? Well, if they were really caring and good celebrities, they would. But, since they are mere mortals, I'll have to rely on their ability to look good in a tux. And they do.

Both men showed up on their red carpet date for their new film Burn After Reading at the Venice Film Festival looking quite dashing in their black bowties. Way to co-ordinate, boys. The film stars George, Brad, Tilda Swinton, John Malkovich, and the always awesome Frances McDormand. It is the Coen Brothers follow-up to their Award-winning No Country for Old Men, and though I do hope the film does well for the actors involved, I have issues with the Coen Brothers and how put out they appeared at the Oscars. If you don't like receiving awards or don't feel it's a big deal, then DON'T SHOW UP. Save your stank attitude for your living rooms and spare me, okay?

The film opens next month....the same time the Yankees could find themselves out of the playoffs since I was young and ambitious. 14 years ago.

No comments: