Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Hills Finale - or is it?

Sadly, I wasn't kidnapped by one of my tv or movie boyfriends before the airing of the finale last night. Thanks for nothing, guys! So I had to watch this crapfest and hate myself enough that I actually watched the live after party show. OH MY GOSH I hate those two hosts and all the bad banter and hoochies that must idolize Heidi enough that they went out and got fake breasts.

Oh, and Lauren, your "big" announcement was beyond lame. More episodes next month is not exciting, especially since Perez Hilton leaked that they were casting for a guy to show you the sights. Shouldn't you be working? Oh, and nice bitch face when you found out Whitney was going to Paris. Classic!

Thank you trusty recapper Jessica! You are back to work next month. Rest up.


And here we go:


It's finale time. I know MTV is having a live pre-show/viewing/aftershow at Area nightclub. I think I'll just stick to the 30 minutes of regulation though. I don't like all the fuss. Okay, Lauren's awkward last words with the weird hosts of the night (the guy and girl who host the usual aftershow) are over, and not a minute too soon.

10:00 -- Good news (for Whitney, not for Lauren): Whitney gets to go to Paris again. Bad news: She has to go with that weirdo in the glasses and grandpa sweater.

10:02 -- How annoyed must all of Heidi's co-workers be after hearing about her and Spencer all the time? Well, maybe not as annoyed as they would be if they didn't know that listening to incessant whining would land them on an MTV camera.

10:04 -- Oh snap, Lauren is not a happy camper about not being asked to Paris. That face was priceless. She didn't even try to hide her anger.

10:06 -- Spencer's sis is a bad actress. I know she's not supposed to be acting, but that's the way any scene with her plays out. Maybe that's just how she is naturally. What a gem that one is!

10:07 -- I nearly had a heart attack because my cable froze for a couple seconds. Don't crap out on me now Comcast.

10:08 -- The two aftershow doofs ask the live crowd at Area if they think Lauren's boss was too hard on her. As if Lisa Love gives a crap what these drunks think.

10:14 -- Spencer goes to Heidi's office to talk, but he's denied because Heidi's assistant tells him that Heidi left early. I would've believed it except for the fact that the assistant is an awful liar.

10:15 -- I love how Whitney isn't downplaying her excitement over going to Paris in front of Lauren. Good for her.

10:16 -- Oh goodie, Lauren DOES get to go to Paris. So now of course she's all smiles.

10:18 -- This scene seems familiar. When Lauren and Brody make plans are they like "let's get together for dinner and hint at a relationship, play with our straws in our drinks, and have numerous silent moments"?

10:25 -- Heidi's looking gaunt. And that's bad since she's already so thin. Maybe the relationship stress is taking its toll. Well, now that she decided to go back to Colorado to have some space, hopefully she'll eat.

10:27 -- I like how I know more French than Lauren does, and I'm not the one going to France.

10:29 -- Okay, that was cute of Brody to wait for Lauren outside her apartment as she was leaving for the airport. And that smooch? What does it all mean?

10:30 -- The show ends with Whitney and Lauren's plane taking off, Heidi driving back to Colorado, and Audrina sitting around in her apartment. Ho hum.

If anyone watches the aftershow and makes it out alive, let me know what goes down. Until next season, au revoir!

No comments: